The Herbal Kitchen
May Herb Day offers a variety of herbal activities and speakers relating to herbs with fantastic herbal vendors and lots of great foods to sample and purchase.
This annual celebration features:
Daylong Herb Sales
Herbal, garden-related, and artisan vendors
Herb of the Year – Horseradish Info with Sampling
Summer Kitchen Educational Display
For Children: Plant and name an herb in the Herb Center’s kitchen garden!
Special Items of Interest
• Book Signing by Jennifer Bartley, Author of the Kitchen Gardener’s Handbook
• Meet The Gourmet Farm Girl
• Tea Sampling by Herbal Teas Plus
• Sample Gourmet Syrups at the Simple Gourmet Syrups Booth – from Millersburg, Ohio – Syrup Varieties: Lavender, Strawberry, Lemon Verbena, Rhubarb w/ Wild Ginger & More!
• NEW for 2011 to compliment your herb gardens!! – Heirloom vegetable plants for sale by Circa Plants of Logan, Ohio. (Next to the herbs.)
Tomatoes : Brandywine, Kentucky Beefsteak, Red Beefsteak, Yellow Pear, Sweet Pea Currant, Cherokee Purple, Mortgage Lifter, Tiny Tim, Amish Paste, Hillbilly, German Grape, Oxheart
Peppers :Sweet Banana, Anaheim Chile, Early Jalapeno, Hot Paper Lantern (a red habanero), Jefferson’s Bullnose Sweet, Hungarian Hot Wax, Mini Chocolate Bell, California Wonder Sweet Bell, Ancho Poblano, Long Cayenne, Alma Paprika
Assortment of native Ohio, climbers, and historic ornamentals