Chuck Roast Pizzaiola
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
What You'll Need
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 pound chuck roast (bone in)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 oz can beef broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 quart stewed tomatoes with juice
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 small chunk Parmesan cheese (shaved)
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chuck roast
In a large dutch oven over medium high heat drizzle the canola oil on the bottom and sear the roast on both sides for 1-2 minutes till brown; remove roast and set aside.
Spray a 9×9 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread some chili on the bottom. Place 3 noodles on top; add more sauce and the cheese’s. Repeat; creating 3 layers.
Lower heat to medium and add the chopped onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the beef broth and bay leaves; simmer for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and spices; return the roast to the pot; cover and braise in the oven for 2-2 1/2 hours till the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
Serve on a large platter over pasta with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped flat leaf parsley or place the whole pot on the table with a large bowl of your favorite pasta for everyone to help themselves.