- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
What You’ll Need
- 1 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs + 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5-6 green onions (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic, (chopped)
- 2 medium size zucchini sliced into half moons, ½ inch thick
- 3 small yellow squash sliced into half moons, ½ inch thick
- 4 medium size tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup half-n-half
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ cup grated sharp white Cheddar
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Butter a 9×9 inch casserole dish; set aside
In a small mixing bowl melt one tablespoon butter add the Panko crumbs; toss and set aside
In a medium size skillet over medium to medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and sauté onions and garlic for several minutes; till translucent. Add zucchini, squash and tomatoes; cook for 5-7 minutes till semi-soft; add thyme; remove from heat and add mixture to the casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper.
While squash is cooking; mix in a medium size bowl the half-n-half, beaten eggs, sugar and seasoning.
Pour mixture over the casserole; top with the cheeses and bread crumbs.
Bake for 35-45 minutes till bubbly and bread crumbs are golden brown