Grilled Chicken over Tomatoes, Prosciutto and Mozzarella Cheese Casserole
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Recipe Yield4-6
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
What You'll Need
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta (or your favorite shape)
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon of The Gourmet Farm Girl House Seasoning
- (Note- House Blend is an Italian flavor blend)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium size green pepper (sliced thin)
- 1 small onion (sliced thin)
- 1 cup sliced portabella mushrooms
- 6.5 ounce jar Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1-14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces sliced Prosciutto (cut into strips)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
Boil pasta to al dente according to package directions. Remove from heat, drain and pour into a large mixing bowl; set aside
Season chicken breasts on both sides with seasoning (or salt and pepper) place on a plate and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil; set aside.
In a large saute pan over medium high heat drizzle in 3-4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, add the chopped garlic and saute for 30-40 seconds till fragrant. Add the sliced peppers, onions and mushrooms, saute for 5-7 minutes till soft. Stir in the sun dried and diced tomatoes, heat through and pour over the cooked pasta; mix together.
Spray a 9×9 glass baking dish with cooking oil and pour half of the pasta mixture into the casserole dish. Layer the Prosciutto and half of the cheese over the pasta; pour the remaining pasta over the top ; place the remaining cheese on top. Pour the cup of tomato juice around the sides of casserole dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
While casserole bakes; grill chicken breasts 4-5 minutes on each side till cooked through; remove from heat and wrap in foil; allow chicken to rest for 5-6 minutes then slice into strips.
Remove casserole from oven and place the grilled chicken over the top and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil; top with toasted pine nuts and fresh parsley; serve immediately.