- Main Course
- Suitable for Diet
What You’ll Need
- 5-6 baked potatoes sliced (great leftover idea)
- Or if starting from scratch, microwave or boil the potatoes till just tender
- 1 fresh leek (sliced thin)
- ½ red onion (sliced thin)
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the potatoes, slice and set aside. Slice the leeks and onions; set aside. In a medium size iron skillet melt the butter over medium to high heat; add the sliced potatoes in layers, salt and pepper and fry for 15-20 minutes till golden brown.
While potatoes are frying; pan roast in a separate skillet the leeks and onions in the olive oil till tender and slightly charred; 7-10 minutes; remove from heat and set aside
Remove iron skillet from heat and place a heavy plate over the skillet; using heavy oven mitts flip skillet over and allow the potatoes to rest onto the plate; top with the fried leeks and onions.