Ohio Bison with Mushrooms in Wine Sauce and Fresh Herbs
- Pre-heat grill to 425 degrees
What You'll Need
- 2 Bison strip steaks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups sliced Portabella mushrooms
- 1 ½ cup sliceds Maitake mushrooms1 ½ cups cabernet
- Assortment of fresh herbs Basil, Parsley, Oregano, Thyme and Chives (chopped)
- Allow steaks to warm to room temperature; 20-30 minutes once out of the refrigerator
Drizzle a small amount of extra virgin olive oil over steaks; salt and pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side over a very hot grill; for medium rare; internal temperature should be 130-135 degrees. (Grill steaks longer if desired)
In a medium size sauté pan melt the butter and oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes; pour wine over mushrooms and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes till mushrooms are soft.
Allow steaks to rest for 5-6 minutes before slicing.
Add the fresh herbs to the mushroom wine sauce and pour over the steaks; slice and serve.