Need a healthier pizza recipe? This one uses wholegrain Pita bread, Chicken and Sun dried tomatoes.This could be served as an appetizer… it’s light, full of flavors
with a crispy crust!
- Cook Time 10 min
- Total Time 15 min
- 1- 6 count package of Wholegrain Pita Bread
- 1- 6 ounce jar Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/2 lb. quality deli chicken (sliced thin)
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced as thin as possible)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 small red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 small can sliced black olives (or your favorite olive)
- extra virgin olive oil
- A fresh herb such as parsley, basil, cilantro or your favorite
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Line a heavy baking sheet with foil; drizzle with olive oil and place the pita bread on top of the oil. Rotate the bread around to coat the underneath side.
Spread the pesto on each pita; layer with the sliced mozzarella cheese, chicken slices, onions, olives and top with the dried oregano, shredded Asiago cheese and fresh herb.4
Bake for 10 minutes or till just crispy; turn heat to broil for an additional 1-1 1/2 minutes till brown on the top. Remove from oven and drizzle with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil.
Cut and serve…ENJOY!