- Main Course
- Suitable for Diet
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
What You’ll Need
- 2-4 large Russet or Idaho potatoes (remember 1 potato makes two filled skins)
- 2 T Butter
- 1 garlic clove minced real fine or ¼ t garlic powder (adjust to taste)
- ½ cup cream or milk (warmed)
- 2 T chopped chives
- ¼ cup bacon bits (real fried bacon bits work the best)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 T fresh or dried parsley
- 1 package Won Ton Wraps
Bake the potatoes (uncovered) till soft- 60-70 minutes in a 400 degree oven
(Or use leftover bake potatoes)
When cool enough to handle; Slice in half and scoop out the centers (warm potatoes scoop easier than cold)
Smash the potatoes with a fork; add the butter, milk or cream and garlic; blend on medium to high speed with an electric mixer till smooth.
Stir in chives and bacon bits; fill skins with the potato mixture.
Spray 2 Won Ton wraps on one side with cooking oil; place each wrap oil side down over the potato like a pie crust; gently press to seal the edges; repeat with the remaining potatoes.
Lightly spray the top with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt; slit tops to vent
Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or till light brown on top; remove from oven and top with the cheese
Return to oven and broil for 1-2 minutes till the cheese melts
Top with sour cream and fresh chopped parsley