Swiss Chard with Ham and Beans
What You'll Need
- 2 stalks celery plus some light green leaves (chopped)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 quarts low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium size bunch of Rainbow Swiss Chard
- (chop stems and leaves)
- 1 15 .5 oz. can Cannellini beans
- 2 cups cooked smoked ham (chopped)
1 15 .5 oz. can Cannellini beans
2 cups cooked smoked ham (chopped)
In a large stock pot heat the oil and saute the celery, green onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes till fragrant. Add the chicken broth, seasonings and stems of the Swiss Chard; cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes with lid tilted.
Add the Swiss Chard leaves, beans and ham; reduce heat to simmer; tilt the lid and cook for an additional 25-30 minutes; stir occasionally.
Serve with crunchy bread for dipping.
Grated Parmesan cheese works well as a garnish.